The Heart To Walk With God
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy but since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.
The seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
1. You need a pure, receptive and non-questioning heart to walk with God fruitfully.
2. Worry is a sign of unbelieve and it kills faith, when you believe you will cast all your worries on to God.
3. God only works with what you believe. The areas of your life you restrict Him too, is the only part you would enjoy Him.
4. What you believe is your choice but the effect it would have on your life you can’t influence. Consequences follows action but the magnitude we don’t decide.
5. A good heart, faith, believe, hope, and guidance are few of those things you can have by reading the words of God and are the things you require to receive from God.