Foundational Miracles are not that sudden dramatic turn around as many of us would want to believe and crave for. Foundational Miracles are the little things we fail to appreciate that form the basis for the bigger miracles we so much desire. Foundational Miracles are those daily miracles that gives us hope and courage that we can reach for the Stars.
Big miracles will only become pronounced when we learn to cherish the foundational Miracles and allow ourselves to be hopeful while keeping faith.
Here are 5 daily foundational miracles we should be grateful for that we often overlook
- Life, the chance to see another day, to give it another try, to mend yesterday and plan for tomorrow. The dead would do anything to put those dreams buried with them to use. But alas, they are dead and you are living, a miracle to appreciate.
- Good Health: you never know what it feels like to be okay till you have slight headache or stomachache, as little as these are, they can disrupt the best of plans, even though as soon as you take analgesic you feel better. Now imagine what people living with incurable diseases are going through but this isn’t you, because you have a miracle of sound health.
- Food, no matter how unbalanced you think you feed, what you have is what many are praying for. 734 million (year 2015 approx) people in the world are living in abject poverty, and you not being there I think counts for miracle. Only a man with something in his tummy can make big plans.
- Choices: will power, you can decide where, when and how, that’s something, you know. Many are incapacitated, needing others before they can decide to use the convenience or dress up, for instance, many can’t decide for themselves because they have their lives tied to one slave master or they have lost their will power to drugs, alcohol etc. My friend it is a miracle you make your choices yourself and not under the influence.
- Freedom, as free as a bird. You can’t appreciate this enough till you visit people in detention. No matter how little you think you have, your freedom counts for so much. You might not be where you want to be at the moment but because you have your freedom, you know there is nothing stopping you.
Your life is a miracle, you don’t need to ask for proof, just compare. You have a lot to be thankful for, you just have to look closely. I understand you might think there is a lot more you desire but one thing I know for sure is if you appreciate the little miracles, you are one step closer to the bigger ones you so much desire.